Join us for a great day of interactive aviation activities at the Charles M. Schulz - Sonoma County Airport in Santa Rosa, CA. Our local airport organizations and companies have volunteered to host these outstanding activities that will inspire aspiring and veteran pilots alike. This event is FREE and fun for the whole family.
Keep checking this spot- because we are still making updates to our list of great hands-on activities!
- View the night sky in the StarLab portable planetarium!
RIDE IN AN AIRCRAFT!
- Free flights for kids ages 8-17 by the Experimental Aviation Association's Young Eagles program. Reservations are FULL! Any openings for flights will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis at the event.
- Helicopter rides for $45 per person.
- Start your pilot's license with an introductory flight lesson by North Coast Air for $92.
- Earn your Boy Scouts of America Aviation Merit Badge. Hosted by the Pacific Coast Air Museum's education division.Reservations are REQUIRED! Email email@example.com.
- Tour the FAA Air Traffic Control Tower (dependent on staffing)
- Test aircraft avionics. By J&R Electronics.
- Experiment with flight dynamics. Using two flightlines and model aircraft, experiment with weight, pitch and thrust- by Barron Air.
- Make radio calls. Jump into an aircraft and make live radio calls to the "tower" to get clearance for takeoff by North Coast Air.
- Sit in warbird cockpits by the Pacific Coast Air Museum.
- Learn about rocketry. And, how high school and middle school students with high powered rocket flyers are launching scientific payloads. By Sonoma State University and NASA.
- Use the phonetic alphabet to talk like a pilot. Learn aviation lingo and make a poster of your name using the phonetic alphabet by the Santa Rosa Ninety-Nines.
- Fly your own paper airplane. Paper airplane supplies will be provided and contests for distance wil be held.
- Identify mystery airplane parts. By Sonoma Jet Center Maintenance.
- Check out great classic cars and trucks!
THE FAMOUS PACIFIC COAST AIR MUSEUM $5 HOT DOG LUNCH